February 13, 2018
The online application system will be closed on February 13th, 2018 at 23:59 (Beijing time). All application documents should be posted before the deadline.
II. Joint Research Ph.D. Fellowship
To support doctoral students (candidates) enrolled at foreign universities to come to China for study, research, and writing doctoral dissertations.
From six months to two years.
• Lodging and living stipend: 80,000 RMB per year.
• Research fund: 20,000 RMB per year.
• Round-trip international economy class airfare.
• Other support provided by the host Chinese university.
• Expenses for the foreign supervisor’s visit or research in China.
• Medical insurance in China.
• Group activities and cultural experiences.
• Non-Chinese citizen.
• HSK test score level 3 is required. A candidate with a higher level of Chinese proficiency would be given preference to an otherwise equally qualified candidate.
• Applicants who are currently participating in the Chinese Government Scholarship scheme are not eligible to apply for this Program.
5. Application materials
• Ph.D. Study Certificate
• Two recommendation letters from scholars a related field
• HSK transcript
• Abstract of master’s thesis or other academic publications
• Abstract of doctoral dissertation
• A research plan for study in China
• Other documents required by the host Chinese University
• Priority is given to applicants who obtain a recommendation letter from local Confucius Institutes.
6. How to apply
The applicant shall submit the online application, and then post the application form and other supporting documents to the Confucius Institute Headquarters and Sun Yat-sen University. Please send the above documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Assessment Process
The Confucius China Studies Program Expert Committee will review the application materials and conduct a video interview.
8. Application Deadline