Sun Yat-sen University, founded by Dr. Sun Yat-sen and with an educational tradition spanning over 100 years, is a preeminent research, academic and cultural center and the premier location for talent development in South China. Under the direct supervision of the Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China, and strongly supported by both the Ministry and Guangdong Province, Sun Yat-sen University has developed into a modern comprehensive university that enjoys a reputation as a top-tier university nationally and a renowned university internationally. With five campuses in the three cities of Guangzhou, Zhuhai and Shenzhen, and ten affiliated hospitals, the University is striving to become a world-class university and global center of learning. In order to comprehensively enhance the influence of regional education and attract more foreign students to study at the University, Sun Yat-sen University recruits outstanding students from all over the world to study for undergraduate degrees at their own expense.
All the applicants should have the certificate of HSK 5 with 180 points or above (including Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery, hereinafter referred to as MBBS) or other certificates of Chinese language that are on the same level.
Those who have studied Chinese in high school should submit the language certificate issued by their high school. If the certificate can by verified, they may be exempt from providing an HSK certificate.
(2) English proficiency (Only for MBBS)
① Applicants should have related proficiency for English. TOEFL iBT≥105, or IELTS≥7.5.
② For the English-speaking applicants, English proficiency certificate can be exempted.
From 1th March to 30th, 2019.
III. Application Procedures
(1) Register at the online system for Sun Yat-sen University International Students (https://sysu.17gz.org) to apply online. Applicants should select two expected majors and choose whether to subject to major adjustment. Submit the completed SYSU Application Form for International Students online, and print a hard copy.
(2) Application documents and requirements are as follows: (If the original version of the following documents is not in Chinese or English, notarized translated version in Chinese or English must also be attached.)
|1||Photocopy of passport/identification||1.1 Students in possession of a valid passport at the time of applying must upload a photocopy of the passport’s personal information page.
1.2 Students in China, please upload both visa page and entry page.
|2||Graduation certificate of Full-time high school||High school students who are due to graduate in the same year in which they are applying to SYSU must provide a pre-graduation certificate issued by their school.|
|3||Official academic transcripts||3.1 High school students who are due to graduate in the same year in which they are applying to SYSU must provide transcripts of at least 5 semesters during high school.
3.2 High school students who have already graduated must provide transcripts of all courses taken during their high school period of study, and transcripts of any standardized examinations taken for high school graduation or transcripts of college entrance examination as well as transcripts of International Standardized Test taken during their high school period (for example, SAT/ACT/A-Level/IB and so on)
|4||Copy of language proficiency certificate||Refer to the “Eligibility”.|
|5||Original copy of proof of economic condition||Must be the certificate of deposit issued by bank, with the amount over RMB 100,000.|
|6||The copy of health check|
|7||Recommendation letters||Two Letters of recommendation signed by a high school teacher in Chinese or English with the name of the referral and contact information.|
In addition to the application materials detailed above, applicants should submit other supplementary materials in time according to the requirements of SYSU.
(1) After submitting their applications online, applicants also need to print their application and have confirm and sign the document on the last page.
(2) Applicants should submit or send the printed and signed copies of their application documents (in duplicate) to the Admissions Office (Office of International Students’ Affairs), see the contact information of Admission Office (Office of International Students’ Affairs). No late applications will be accepted.
(3) Applicants should provide accurate information of his or her own contact E-mail, telephone number and address. During the enrollment period, students must be in contact and reply to all E-mails from SYSU in good time. If students fail to reply to the mail in time or fail to submit supplementary materials according to the requirements within the prescribed time, their application will be deemed to have been abandoned.
The subjects for paper exam are Chinese, English and math, with full score 100 for each subject. The content for exam can refer the Outline of Sun Yat-sen University’s 2019 Self-funded Undergraduate Enrollment Examination (Appendix 3).
Time for paper exam: 28th April, 2019
Location for paper exam: Sun Yat-sen University south campus in Guangzhou (No. 135, Xingang Xi Road, Guangzhou, 510275, P. R. China)
The specific time and location will be sent in the form of messages via the application website.
|Categories||Liberal Arts/ Economics and Managerial Science Majors||Natural Science and Engineering Majors||Medical Science/ Art/ P.E. Majors|
|Registration/ Exam Fee||400||400||600
|Note: For specific fee structure, please refer to the payment standard released by SYSU in the same year.|
VII. Additional information
VIII. Contact Information
Address: Admission Office (Office for International Students’ Affairs Office), Sun Yat-sen University, No. 135 Xingang Road West, Guangzhou 510275 China