1. Applicants should be non-Chinese citizens with a valid passport;
2. Applicants should be in good health and able to pass the physical examination which is obligatory for Chinese visa applicants and those applying for a residence certificate in China;
3. Education background and age limit:
(1) Applicants to master’s programs must hold a bachelor’s degree, (or at least have gained a bachelor’s degree before they enter SYSU) and must be no more than 35 years old;
(2) Applicants to doctoral programs must be a master’s degree holder, (or at least have gained a master’s degree before they enter SYSU) and must be no more than than 40 years old;
4. Language requirements:
(1) Those who intend to take the courses of Natural Science, Engineering and Medical Science should have the certificate of HSK 4 (with 180 points or above);
(2) Those who intend to take the courses of Liberal Arts, Economics and Managerial Science should have the certificate of HSK 5 (with 180 points or above);
(3) Those who intend to take the English courses related to the international MBA should also provide an English certificate.
II. Application Time
From 20th March to 30th April,2018.
III. How to Apply
1.Visit and log in to the SYSU Office for International Students’ Affairs website (http://iso.sysu.edu.cn) to apply online by clicking on “online application system.” Submit the completed SYSU Application Form for International Students online, and print a hard copy.
2.Post the application documents:Please send the following required documents in duplicate to Admission Office (Office for International Students’ Affairs), Sun Yat-sen University by post or in person before April 30, 2018.
IV. Application documents (Hardcopies in duplicate)
|1||SYSU Application Form for International Students||Visit and log in SYSU Office for International Students’ Affairs website (http://iso.sysu.edu.cn) to make online application by clicking on “online application system”.|
|2||Notarized highest degree certificate||① Applicants for master’s programs should submit their bachelor’s degree certificate;
② Applicants for doctoral programs should submit their master’s degree certificate;
③ Applicants who are currently studying at university should provide a study certificate and their highest degree certificate (a notarized copy of the final degree certificate should be submitted to SYSU Admissions Office before the specified registration date; failure to do so will result in disqualification of enrollment);
④ Language certificates other than Chinese or English must be accompanied by notarized translation in Chinese or English.
|4||Academic transcripts (notarized copy in English or Chinese)||① Applicants for master’s programs should submit the academic transcripts of their bachelor’s studies;
② Applicants for doctoral programs should submit the academic transcripts of their master’s studies.
|5||A study plan or research proposal||A minimum of 800 words, written in Chinese or English.|
|6||Recommendation letters||Two Letters of recommendation signed by professors or associate professors in Chinese or English.|
|7||Photocopy of language certificate||Refer to the “Eligibility”.|
|8||Photocopy of valid passport||Copies of the passport’s personal information page and the passport itself should be valid until September 30, 2018.|
① If applicants have published papers, the abstracts of their works should be enclosed with the other application documents.
②Applicants are expected to submit a complete package of application documents. Incomplete application documents will be rejected. Regardless of whether the candidates are accepted or not, all application documents will not be returned.
③Applicants are expected to keep their phones open and check their email regularly as SYSU Admissions Office will contact them when necessary.
1. Tuition Fees
|Subjects||Liberal Arts, Economics and Managerial Science||Natural Science and Engineering||Medical Science/ Art/ P.E. Majors|
|Examination Registration Fee||400
|Note: Tuition standard is based on SYSU Administrative and Institutional Fees Publicity 2018|
2. Overall Insurance and Benefit Plan (Including Loss of Life Insurance, Accidental Injury Medical Treatment Insurance and Hospitalization Medical Insurance): RMB800/person/year.
VI. Relevant Instructions
1.Accommodation for the 2018 cohort of self-funded international students should be arranged by the students themselves.
2. SYSU implements an insurance system for all international students. The international students must insure themselves according to relevant state regulations and school requirements. Those who don’t have insurance according to relevant regulations should buy insurance within a fixed period; students who still don’t have insurance after the time limit has expired will not be allowed to register or will be forced to drop out if they have already begun studying at SYSU.
3. Students who are accepted should apply for the X1 visa at their country’s Chinese Embassy (or Chinese Consulate) with “Sun Yat-sen University Admission Notice” and “Visa Application for Study in China (JW202)”, and change X1 visa into a Residence Permit for Foreign Students within 30 days after they enter China. Students who don’t apply for the relevant visa and residence permit will have to drop out. SYSU doesn’t accept students with non-student visas.
4.Students who are acceptedmust registerat the date and the address according to “Sun Yat-sen University Admission Notice”. Registration in advance will not be accepted.
VII. Contact Information
Address: Admission Office (Office for International Students’ Affairs Office), Sun Yat-sen University, No. 135 Xingang Road West, Guangzhou 510275 China